The Times - Serving Waitsburg, Dayton and the Touchet Valley

Strange But True

 

January 18, 2018



* You’ve probably been to a restaurant with a dessert called Death by Chocolate, but the real-life event is less appetizing. After falling into a vat of boiling chocolate in New Jersey, a man died before his co-workers were able to pull him out.

* It’s not known why there’s a New Jersey law banning the sale of cabbage on Sunday.

* The first Band-Aid brand bandage didn’t exactly look like the Band-Aids we’re familiar with today. For instance, it was 3 inches wide and 18 inches long. A bit of overkill for a scraped elbow, I imagine.

* At weddings here in the United States, it is...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019