Vaccination clinics expanded due to rising cases
August 12, 2021
WALLA WALLA, WA—In response to the recent surge of COVID-19 cases in Walla Walla and the emergence of the Delta variant, the Walla Walla Department of Community Health (DCH) and community partners are staging a Vaccine Blitz. DCH will open several vaccine clinics around the county throughout the next week to make the vaccine more readily available to the community. The dates and times of each clinic are listed below, and on the county vaccine clinic website.
• Wed., Aug. 11: Walla Walla Community College, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Wed., Aug. 11: Providence Southgate Campus, 3-7 p.m.
• Thurs., Aug. 12: HAPO Credit Union – Eastgate, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Thurs., Aug. 12: Providence Southgate Campus, 3-7 p.m.
• Fri., Aug. 13: HAPO Credit Union – College Place, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Fri., Aug. 13: Providence Southgate Campus, 3-7 p.m.
All clinics will offer both the Pfizer-BioNTech and, Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Janssen vaccines. Both first- and second-dose appointments are welcome as are walk-in appointments.
Anyone going to the Providence Southgate clinic for a vaccine should use the main entrance of the building and not the urgent care entrance of the facility.
Children under age 12 years old are not eligible to receive a COVID vaccine. Those interested in receiving the J&J vaccine must be 18-years old or over. People younger than 18-years old will only be eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine and must have written parental consent or bring a parent or guardian with them to their vaccine appointment.
To schedule an appointment:
• Step 1: Go to https://www.covidwwc.com/clinics.
• Step 2: Scroll through the list of first-dose clinics and click the “Schedule an Appointment,” button after confirming eligibility under the selected clinic.
• Step 3: Select an appointment time and complete the registration process.
Residents who are homebound or without Internet/computer access can call the DCH helpline (509) 524-2647 and leave their name, date of birth, phone number, and a message stating that they are homebound or do not have access to the internet or a computer.
DCH encourages all residents to visit the County COVID website or text COVIDWW to 888777 for information on upcoming vaccination clinics.