The Times - Serving Waitsburg, Dayton and the Touchet Valley

By Teeny McMunn
the Times 

Pioneer Portraits

 

November 8, 2018

Ten Years Ago-November 13, 2008

Wait's Mill was the first commercial building in Waitsburg and was the original reason for the town's existence. The mill was built in 1865 and operated continuously until 1957. It is listed as one of Washington's Most Endangered Historical Properties by the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation. A $30,000 grant has been awarded by the Kinsman Foundation of Milwaukie, Ore, to the Blue Mountain Resource Conservation and Development Council (RC&D) for the purpose of assisting with roof repairs on Wait's Mill in Waitsburg.

Amber R Dobbs-Woodworth, daughter...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 11/17/2018 04:18