By Brianna Wray
The Times 

Lewis & Clark Walk

 

Brianna Wray

The annual Lewis & Clark walk had a great turnout this year; 36 people and three dogs.

DAYTON-The annual Lewis & Clark walk departed from the Dayton Historic Depot on May 17, making strides toward community health for the thirteenth consecutive year.

Public health nurse Estasia Collins helped sign in participants as Dayton residents united at the Depot as the festivities got underway.

Program coordinator Chelsea Eaton discussed the route's history and made connections between Lewis & Clark's historic 1806 journey and the group's contemporary one.

Walkers were given a safety briefing as well as optional orange vests for premium visibility. Delphine Bailey, who also works for the health department, drove the lead car and kept her flock safe from vehicular traffic.

Lewis & Clark walk participants were treated to dinner and entertainment upon their arrival at the Patit Creek Campsite. There was chili with all the fixings and berry cobbler for dessert. Both the food and lawn maintenance was provided by Columbia County Health System. Bleugrass band, Switchgrass Delta, provided entertainment.


Free transportation back to the Depot was provided by Dayton School District. "That was very nice of them to do," said Eaton who worked closely to solidify the details of the event which was an overall success despite the rain.

Brianna Wray

Destination complete! Silhouettes at the Patit Creek Campsite.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 12/08/2019 21:20